Skip to main content

Treat yourself, don't beat yourself

Yesterday I posted a nice quote on my Instagram page (@leahhhh__)  it said "Treat yourself. Don't beat yourself." When I made that quote I didn't really elaborate on its meaning right then. I mean, I knew what I meant I just didn't sit down and actually ponder on it for a while. Well, this morning I did my usual, I woke up got myself and my son dressed so I could take him to his bus stop, and as I we were sitting waiting for the bus I started to feel really sad. I began to beat myself up on how I didn't look a certain way, dress a certain way, how much of a parent I was and other things. I got into a kind of depressed mode as we sat there. I was telling my fiancé about it and he was telling me to stop. He told me I was hurting myself because of the negative and discouraging things I was saying/thinking to myself. I realized he was right. I was literally driving myself crazy with my own thoughts. Then my quote from yesterday popped in my head. I now fully understand that I must not beat myself but in fact treat myself. My fiancé told me I looked fine, I'm the greatest parent ever, and things would be okay and work out just fine. I shouldn't beat myself up over things that are vaguely an imaginative opinion I have on myself. I am definitely going to treat myself to some encouraging self talk and possibly makeup from BH Cosmetics :) (My favorite place for makeup). So today I tell you all to stop beating yourself. Things are not always how they appear, they actually are better than you think. Treat yourself, don't beat yourself ladies. I hope everyone have a positive and blessed day! Always remember this scripture (my personal favorite) God is within her she will not fail Psalms 46:5.

Comments

  1. I love the concept. I know we (as women or as moms) are too hard on ourselves and tend to get discouraged or beat ourselves up. Instead, we should be taking time to consider all the amazing things we do every day and do something nice for ourselves! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time out to read my blog post!

      Delete
  2. Wow, great post. And i love that slogan. I'll remember this the next time I'm hard on myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it as well! It is something that I came up with. Thank you for reading, greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  3. This quote is so perfect! Actually really love you blogpost ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll. I appreciate you reading my blog post :)

      Delete
  4. I agree. Also, self care and treating yourself better is often a lot harder than deprecating yourself at every step, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't put an effort into it. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is alot harder! I am getting better at treating myself better. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. It's so easy to get caught up in self deprecating thoughts, isn't it? I deal with that too. I love this Bible verse Philippians 4:13, "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."

    -Sophia Dang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my second favorite bible scripture :) Thank you for reading! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  6. I love the slogan and will use it the next time I'm feeling blue. Life is too short to beat up on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with all of this! I am so hard on myself and definitely spend more time feeling like I'm not accomplishing enough than I do being proud of what I do accomplish. I got my nails done today, so, I treated myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with this,I way to hard on myself and I do try to work on that but it does not work sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Things About Being a Mom

I am sometimes asked how is it being a young mother, my answer is, it has its ups and downs. I gave birth to my son at the age of 19. I was in labor at the time when there was a tornado in the town 15 minutes away from me. I was in labor all day that day on April 28th. On April 29th 2014 at 1:30 p.m. I finally gave birth to my 6 pounds and 2 ounce baby boy. He was so tiny I was scared to hold him. He measured 17 and a half inches long. I could not believe that I was someone's mother. I was the type of person to always say that I was never going to have children because I didn't like them. All of that changed when I had my son. The first couple of months were really rough; he didn't sleep well at night and neither did I. When he cried I cried, it was just rough. I found that I had became depressed but I never told anyone about it. I had thoughts of running away and taking my own life because things were not going how I pictured it to go and from being stressed and depressed…

Hello September

This is the first day of September! It is finally getting closer to fall (my favorite season) I am so excited. I hope that the month of September is full of nothing but blessing and new opportunities for all of us. The month of August was not really a good month for me. I was turned down from multiple jobs that I applied for and that really made me discouraged. I am going to apply for more jobs this month though. This month I am going to try to focus on doing fall inspired makeup looks on my YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9QQL3ntvvRXziCq9nfg6A ) and on here as well. For the month of September I plan to read more of my devotionals, better my relationship with God, keep applying for jobs, and work on my health. My health has not been the best that it could be this past month and I really need to devote some time to it. I need to stay in shape and good health for the sake of myself and my 3yr old son. I also plan on having a more positive outlook on my life as well…

Makeup must haves

Today's blog post is about 3 of my favorite makeup must haves! We all have our favorite pieces of makeup that we just have to have or have to wear. One of my favorites is my Minty Shine Refreshing Lip Gloss by Victoria's Secret. It is practically the only clear lip gloss that I wear. It's one of my must haves because it has that refreshing sensation, smells good, and it makes my lips pop. The second must have is my black liquid eye pen by Avon it is the absolute best! I love how darkly pigmented it is and how easy it is for me to do a winged eyeliner look.it makes doing a cat eye or wing super easy!
 I use this all of the time for my top eye line. The final must have is my black Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. It definitely gives my eyelashes some definition an length. It is my go to mascara for everyday looks. The products I named in the post are products that I use just about everyday when I wear makeup. I even use them when I am doing a more dramatic/formal makeup look. T…