Skip to main content

My Biggest Mistake

Hello my fellow bloggers!
Today is a brand new day, a new day for me to share another experience with you guys. Lets admit, we never like to be wrong or ever have to say we made a mistake. We often let pride get in the way of that. I am here to say that pride definitely got in the way several times in my life. Today I will be sharing you with you all my biggest mistake. My biggest mistake is holding on to things that I need to let go. I am sure I am not the only one who does that either. It could be a person, thing, situation, or a certain feeling that we need to let go of. I've learned that holding on can actually do more damage than letting go. The more you try to hold on to something that is causing you pain or sadness will only continue to cause you more pain and more sadness. Its like a domino effect, it keeps going and going until you finally get knocked down. If you something that you are holding on to is causing you to lose your peace, happiness, positivity, or mind then it is really time to let go. I've learned that letting go isn't as bad as I thought it would be. You will find that the very thing you couldn't live without, you actually can. You will feel like a whole new person. A weight and burden will be lifted off of your shoulders. When I held on to things for a long period of time I got into a real depressed stage. I couldn't find any happiness or joy or excitement in anything. I was always laying around not enjoying life like I should have been. I had to realize that the very things I was holding on to was slowly sucking the life out of me, it was draining me dry. I had to pray very hard and consistently to get out of that stage. I started to see life differently and I told myself holding on was not the answer. I had to let go. I eventually let go of most things that had me bound. I am still working on letting go of some things as we speak. It's not easy but it will all be worth it in the end. My advice to you all today is to let go. Do not hold on to anything that is causing you to be unhappy, not be at peace, or great. Do not be bound to things that do not lift you up or put you in better spirits. It can and will have a negative impact on your health and your life and that is something that you do not want (trust me). I pray that everyone who are bound to holding on to things that they should release let it go!

Comments

  1. Absolutely love this! We're in this together sis.

    Graciela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know there is somebody out there in this with me! Thanks for reading an your support!

      Delete
  2. I hold on to things as well. We all think it's better to stay protected and guarded, but there's beauty in being vulnerable. It's hard to get this into practice. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you're right! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Things About Being a Mom

I am sometimes asked how is it being a young mother, my answer is, it has its ups and downs. I gave birth to my son at the age of 19. I was in labor at the time when there was a tornado in the town 15 minutes away from me. I was in labor all day that day on April 28th. On April 29th 2014 at 1:30 p.m. I finally gave birth to my 6 pounds and 2 ounce baby boy. He was so tiny I was scared to hold him. He measured 17 and a half inches long. I could not believe that I was someone's mother. I was the type of person to always say that I was never going to have children because I didn't like them. All of that changed when I had my son. The first couple of months were really rough; he didn't sleep well at night and neither did I. When he cried I cried, it was just rough. I found that I had became depressed but I never told anyone about it. I had thoughts of running away and taking my own life because things were not going how I pictured it to go and from being stressed and depressed…

Hello September

This is the first day of September! It is finally getting closer to fall (my favorite season) I am so excited. I hope that the month of September is full of nothing but blessing and new opportunities for all of us. The month of August was not really a good month for me. I was turned down from multiple jobs that I applied for and that really made me discouraged. I am going to apply for more jobs this month though. This month I am going to try to focus on doing fall inspired makeup looks on my YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9QQL3ntvvRXziCq9nfg6A ) and on here as well. For the month of September I plan to read more of my devotionals, better my relationship with God, keep applying for jobs, and work on my health. My health has not been the best that it could be this past month and I really need to devote some time to it. I need to stay in shape and good health for the sake of myself and my 3yr old son. I also plan on having a more positive outlook on my life as well…

Makeup must haves

Today's blog post is about 3 of my favorite makeup must haves! We all have our favorite pieces of makeup that we just have to have or have to wear. One of my favorites is my Minty Shine Refreshing Lip Gloss by Victoria's Secret. It is practically the only clear lip gloss that I wear. It's one of my must haves because it has that refreshing sensation, smells good, and it makes my lips pop. The second must have is my black liquid eye pen by Avon it is the absolute best! I love how darkly pigmented it is and how easy it is for me to do a winged eyeliner look.it makes doing a cat eye or wing super easy!
 I use this all of the time for my top eye line. The final must have is my black Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. It definitely gives my eyelashes some definition an length. It is my go to mascara for everyday looks. The products I named in the post are products that I use just about everyday when I wear makeup. I even use them when I am doing a more dramatic/formal makeup look. T…