Skip to main content

Favorite ways to unwind after a stressful day


We have all had those days that were just extremely stressful. It can be a day at work, a day with unruly or over excited children, or even a bad run in with your significant other. However, there are ways to unwind from a stressful day. One of my favorite things to do is to take a nice hot bath. I will fill the tub with warm/hot water and add in bubbles and then I would I just hop in and sit. I'd soak for a good 30 to 45 minutes in my own little world. I have this body scrub that smells heavenly and I would also use that to take my mind off of things. The scent would give me a peaceful, serene feeling. I recommend using something with lavender scent to use while engaging in a nice, hot bath to ease stress. Oil from Nature's Origin Aromatherapy is perfect for this, it's amazing! I close my eyes and I lean back, relaxing in a world full of peace and serenity. I pray and talk to God while doing this and it helps me calm down. Another one of my favorite ways to unwind from a stressful day is watching makeup videos. Anyone who knows me knows I love anything dealing with makeup and beauty. Watching people do makeup, especially when they are good at it, makes me happy. I then go into my bathroom and try to recreate the look myself with my own little twist. My final favorite way to unwind from a stressful day is to write. I love writing down my feelings, how my day went, everything. I write in my journal and on here which really puts me in a better mood. Writing is a way for me to let off steam and share my thoughts to others when people around me don't care or don't want to listen. After I complete either one of these tasks I am no longer feeling tensed or stressed out. What are some ways that you unwind from a stressful day?

Comments

  1. sounds so relaxing, I love a good long path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very relaxing. I enjoy going for a walk or reading when I've had a stressful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so interesting to learn how others get away from the stress of life. I wish I'd had more information when I was teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for reading! I appreciate the support. Let's always remember to not let stress wear us down because it can have a negative impact on our health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear by hot bath and Aroma therapy. At least once in a week I have manager my time to unwind and relax to find the symphony of life back.

    Love reading your tips.

    XOXO... GreenStory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot baths are indeed relaxing! I like to go for walks, or even do a bit of exercise. It's good to have some alone time everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot baths and a good book are trusty remedies for a bad day! I love relaxing with my husband or going for a walk to unwind as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think relaxing after a stressful day is really important. I get stressed easily so I make sure to get some quiet time on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to swim. I can't run anymore (bad ankles) so I swim. It takes me some time to find my groove but it's the time I put my phone down, I'm away from social, it's just me alone with my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Things About Being a Mom

I am sometimes asked how is it being a young mother, my answer is, it has its ups and downs. I gave birth to my son at the age of 19. I was in labor at the time when there was a tornado in the town 15 minutes away from me. I was in labor all day that day on April 28th. On April 29th 2014 at 1:30 p.m. I finally gave birth to my 6 pounds and 2 ounce baby boy. He was so tiny I was scared to hold him. He measured 17 and a half inches long. I could not believe that I was someone's mother. I was the type of person to always say that I was never going to have children because I didn't like them. All of that changed when I had my son. The first couple of months were really rough; he didn't sleep well at night and neither did I. When he cried I cried, it was just rough. I found that I had became depressed but I never told anyone about it. I had thoughts of running away and taking my own life because things were not going how I pictured it to go and from being stressed and depressed…

Hello September

This is the first day of September! It is finally getting closer to fall (my favorite season) I am so excited. I hope that the month of September is full of nothing but blessing and new opportunities for all of us. The month of August was not really a good month for me. I was turned down from multiple jobs that I applied for and that really made me discouraged. I am going to apply for more jobs this month though. This month I am going to try to focus on doing fall inspired makeup looks on my YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9QQL3ntvvRXziCq9nfg6A ) and on here as well. For the month of September I plan to read more of my devotionals, better my relationship with God, keep applying for jobs, and work on my health. My health has not been the best that it could be this past month and I really need to devote some time to it. I need to stay in shape and good health for the sake of myself and my 3yr old son. I also plan on having a more positive outlook on my life as well…

Makeup must haves

Today's blog post is about 3 of my favorite makeup must haves! We all have our favorite pieces of makeup that we just have to have or have to wear. One of my favorites is my Minty Shine Refreshing Lip Gloss by Victoria's Secret. It is practically the only clear lip gloss that I wear. It's one of my must haves because it has that refreshing sensation, smells good, and it makes my lips pop. The second must have is my black liquid eye pen by Avon it is the absolute best! I love how darkly pigmented it is and how easy it is for me to do a winged eyeliner look.it makes doing a cat eye or wing super easy!
 I use this all of the time for my top eye line. The final must have is my black Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. It definitely gives my eyelashes some definition an length. It is my go to mascara for everyday looks. The products I named in the post are products that I use just about everyday when I wear makeup. I even use them when I am doing a more dramatic/formal makeup look. T…